Friday, November 6, 2015

Can't blog wont blog!

Well hello there,

It's been so long since my last blog I've forgotten how to do it.  What to write, what to say!

I am currently sat in my dressing room in Berwick on Tweed - the furthest north you can get whilst remaining in England.  I am hoping to go to Scotland tomorrow morning before we journey down to Newcastle.  It's only 6 min drive away from our Travelodge according to our trusty friend the sat nav!!

This is the last Travelodge of the tour and I have to admit I will miss them. There is something so simple about a Travelodge (or premier Inn).  Its that familiarity. The layout is the same, the light switches are always in the same place and you know exactly what you are getting.  Although I will never stop being infuriated that there is not a plug by the bed so I can charge my phone.  Why oh WHY must they always be on the other side of the room! Who decided this?

With only 4 more venues left after this one we are really on the last leg of the tour now.  Newcastle tomorrow, South Shields on Monday, London from Wednesday - Sat and then it will be time to take The Bogus Woman and me back to our spiritual home of Keswick.  I honestly can't believe it is all finishing so soon.  If I could do another month on the tour I would.  I don't want it to finish....

That being said, I honestly feel like I will be doing the play again.  It might not be straight away, it might even be another 7 years but I am convinced this is not the end.  I love it too much and sadly I think it will be relevant for a very long time.

Its been 10 days since I last did the play so I am going over my lines (although I have taken a quick break to write this blog!).  There are the occasional times where I have to think about what I say next but usually if I just stop thinking about it the words will just come out!  I wonder how long it will take for them to fade away when we finish the play?

I don't want to think about "the end" but its hard not to.  When its over I will be officially "resting" again, which is fine but the last time I was "resting" I knew I had this coming up!  I find resting is a completely different experience when you have something "in the pipeline" as they say.

What ever happens I know I'll be fine.  For now, I am going to keep living in the moment and enjoying every second of this amazing experience,  That includes actually writing a blog more than once a month!!

So, I will write again soon my lovelies - probably something a bit more put together than this one but I had to get back into somehow!!

Until then

xxx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment