Friday, August 21, 2015

Feelings on the first day!

So yesterday was our first day. 


It's been over a year since the producer Sophie first contacted myself and the director Zoë (Just realised I can do the little dots above the "e"if I write on my phone!!) about potentially doing the play again. 

Normally as an actor your agent just tells you when the audition is, what the dates/venues of the play are and how long it's for.  You get the job, you go and do it and then you finish. 

Obviously Sophie needed to know that me and Zoë were on board before she went ahead with the idea so we have been a part of it since day one. I can honestly say I had absolutely no idea how much work goes into putting on a show and planning a tour!

To have seen every step of this process has been an eye opener and given me a HUGE amount of respect for producers - I have to admit I didn't really know what they did before but now I do. They basically do everything! 

So yesterday was not just the start of rehearsals. it was the end of a years worth of planning. A years worth of hard work from Sophie and others.

After being so emotionally invested in the play and the journey up to that point, to finally all be there in the rehearsal space felt surreal. We had some hugs and hello's before settling down for the read through.

This is just a chance for everyone to hear the play out loud before rehearsals get started.  It's a bit strange doing a read through when you're the only actor but I just tried to focus on the script and forget about the other 6 people in the room!



After saying the final lines of the play, I dropped the script on the floor, said a few obligatory swear words and that was it, we'd begun!

Now I can't do many things, but after all that everyone else has done to get this amazing tour together, the very least I can do is make sure the audience get the best show I can give them once they are in their seats!

Actor Krissi is back in the building. Let's do it! 

Confession: I ate 7 mini pastries during rehearsals. They were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment