Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The day before it all begins!

Hello!

Welcome to my "Bogus Blog".  A place where I can hopefully share the experience of rehearsing and touring The Bogus Woman 2015! (click the link to go to the official website for more info on the play) 

I have no idea how this blog will turn out or what exactly it will be. I'm hoping it will be an interesting insight into what it is like being a part of a highly topical one woman play, however it might just turn into the ramblings of a terrified actress (although this could be fairly interesting too!)

So - it's the day before rehearsals begin, a time where any actor would normally feel at least a bit nervous. Travelling down to your digs, wondering what the director and the cast members will be like, wondering if you'll know anyone or have any links with peoples former cast mates, looking forward to the read through and seeing the set etc.  

This time for me it is different as I did the play back in 2008 as part of the Summer season at Theatre by The Lake, Keswick.  
I know the show, I know the cast (just me!), the director (Zoe Waterman), producer (Sophie Curtis of Curtis Productions), designer (Sophia Lovell a Smith), production manager/sound designer (Matt Hall), associate sound designer (Maura "fuzz" Guthrie), Lighting Designer (Jo Dawson)  AND I have even met the new stage manager (Kate Aisling Jones) because we had a little pre rehearsals date back in Manchester last week.  I actually know EVERYONE!  None of the first day awkwardness awaits me... Hoorah!

But I will still be nervous and I'll still be excited to get started as soon as we can.  

We only have 2 weeks rehearsal this time round. I can already hear you saying "Oh you've done this before you'll be fine".  Yes I have.  But 7 years is a very long time.  What were you doing in 2008? Could you do it again?!  I am sure the answer is the same as the one I am giving - I can do it again but actually I will still have to put in a lot of work!  

Also this time we are touring and of course every theatre space is different in both layout and size. In Keswick the show was performed in traverse, with audience members on both sides.  It worked so well like this I can't even begin to imagine how we will work it for larger, end on spaces but luckily I'm not a director so I will leave that in the capable hands of Zoe (I cant figure out how to put the two little dots above the "e" in her name - but they should be there!)

Anyway.  I should probably stop writing now as this is just supposed to be a quick hello from me for now.  

Keep watching for more posts and updates as we get underway. 

I'm scared but I am sure it will be fine.  It has to be.






3 comments:

  1. I saw this piece in 2001 and thought it was amazing. Will certainly try to come and see your production. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really hope you can come and we can do it justice again. Would loved to have seen the 2001 version! x

    ReplyDelete