Monday, September 21, 2015

Another week down!

So here we are.  Another week done and another 250 who have seen the play. 

After my first show on Tuesday at Theatre Mwldan (on the raised stage) we then moved on to the slightly smaller Wyeside in Builth Wells in Mid Wales.  This theatre is actually the closest theatre to my in-laws and I think I probably knew half of the audience thanks to my mother in law Lynne badgering all the residents of Knighton, her hometown to come.

There is always something special about performing in front of people who know you but have never seen you act before. People who know that you are an “actor” but only ever hear you talk about it.  I suppose this isn’t technically true for me as most people I know have at least caught a glimpse of me on Coronation Street but that is so different from watching someone up close and personal.  Some people have said to me that It’s like I am not there on the stage, Krissi dissapears.  This is one of the highest compliments you can receive as an actor and is especially wonderful to hear from someone who knows you.  

After Builth we moved on to The Everyman in Cheltenham.  We had 3 nights here so we actually got a chance to relax instead of being constantly on the go which was lovely.  Cheltenham is our smallest venue so far.  The studio only seats 50 and the audiences feet were on the flooring that marks out my playing area. Talk about close!!



  My mum came to visit and watched the show on the Thursday and Friday (my mum and Ben are currently tied on 3 shows each – who will win overall?!).  We had various old family friends watching on both nights and for them not only was it the first time seeing me on stage but also the first time seeing me in 15ish years!  Little Krissi had grown up!

We sold out 2 out of 3 shows in Cheltenham which was really great.  I also got my first 5* review from stagetalk magazine.  I’ve never had 5 stars before and I must admit it feels quite nice!  I would love it if someone actually came in person and gave you your stars.  Could you imagine?!! You’d wait for a knock on your door and it would be someone with a box wrapped in gold with a bow, asking you to sign for your stars!  Oh maybe I’ll start a business – companies can arrange star delivery through me!

Oooops – Gone off on a tangent!

This week we have performances at The North Wall Arts Centre in Oxford (sold out!!!), Bolton Octagon and Square Chapel Halifax.  All different theatres and all with their own challenges! I can’t wait!

Whilst I am on stage on Wednesday night my lovely friends over at Coronation Street will be working flat out on their  LIVE episode going out at 7.30pm.  I’m sure it will be amazing and I look forward to catching up with it at the weekend.   Special shout out to my pal Laura McAteer who will be herding a ridiculous amount of background artist around and doing her job so well you will have no idea she’s done anything at all!

One day I’d love to do a live episode of something on TV, but right now I’m having the best time performing live every night (well not quite every night but you get the gist!!)


Tara for now. 

2 comments:

  1. (and here's MY latest blog http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2015/09/may-force-be-with-you.html?showComment=1442951644767#c5611409570262489937

    ReplyDelete