Thursday, September 3, 2015

We sold out!!

How exciting (and massively terrifying!) is that!!

With one day to go we sold all 100 tickets for our opening night at Rich Mix.  We have actually added an extra row now taking the grand total of seats to 120!!


I've just got home from the theatre after spending the afternoon in tech (technical rehearsal) for the show. This where all the lighting and sound is put in and although it involves lots of stopping and starting its actually is quite nice because for once the focus is not on me!!!

I get to do a bit of acting on the stage whilst various lights are turned up and down, faded in and out and other more technical terms that I have no idea of!

It is an exciting time when you finally get into a theatre with any play.  Normally you finally get to see and use your props (although I only get a set of keys and a 20p piece) try on all your costumes (I only have 1), see the scene changes (there are none) and laugh at your fellow actors (oh...)!

Even though it is only me on stage it is so exciting having the lighting and sound added in. I had to get Zoe, the director to go and stand on the stage for me so I could at least have a little look at what I might look like up there!  Its so hard to imagine what the audience will be seeing.

The best thing that I discovered in this tech is that I can't immediately see the audience when I walk on stage.  I do see them later on in the play but for once I won't walk on and immediately see my mum (which usually happens!!)

We've still got quite a lot of the play to work through tomorrow and then we will have time (hopefully) for a dress rehearsal before our first show!!

In 24 hours and 26 mins I will be on stage. Alone.

Bloody hell.



No comments:

Post a Comment